Skip to main content

GDP Colour Challenge - Free PDF Tutorial



It’s time for another Global Design Project Colour Challenge and this week we are encouraged to  use the colours Soft Sea Foam, So Saffron and Petal Pink. I really enjoyed creating with these, they are such soft and pretty colours. I paired them with the Incredible Like You Stamp Set to create this birthday card. 


To create a soft, subtle look I used the stamping off technique, inking up the stamp then stamping onto a scrap piece of card stock before stamping the image. I added dimension by adhering the flowers and front panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and added a bit of bling with the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.


I have created a free PDF tutorial on how to create this card, including a list of supplies and photos. CLICK HERE  to download it. The Incredible Like You stamp set is one of the new stamps from the current Occasions Catalogue and is available until June 3, 2019. Purchase $90 worth of products from the Occasions Catalogue and you will get to choose a free item from the current Sale-a-bration Brochure.

If you would like to participate in the GDP colour challenge head over to www.global-design-project.com   I hope you enjoy the tutorial. Thanks for stopping by.

Suzanne xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Step up your stamping

Hello and thank you for stopping by. Today I am sharing how I stepped up a simple card design by adding extra elements for a totally different look. You may have heard in the Stampin' Up!/card making world the terms Beginner, Casual and Avid crafter. After a lot of research in to understanding their audience Stampin' Up! came up with these three levels to describe the type of crafters in their worldwide community. I have created three cards using the Lovely Lily Pad stamp set and coordinating dies and designer series paper. All of these items are FREE with purchase from the current Sale a Bration brochure  - when you place an order for $90 or more. This is a great time to build your product stash, the more you purchase the more freebies you can choose! Sale a Bration promotion ends on March 31, 2020. Want to see how I put these all together? Check out my latest Youtube video. I usually make time lapse tutorials as I am so nervous about talking on camera, so in

New online classes launched

With the kids off to school this week I am jumping back into blogging and tutorials. I have added online classes to my schedule this year but before I explain all of that, here is my first  tutorial for 2020. I have used the Timeless Tropical bundle and Sailing Home stamp set to create this silhouette card. This reminds me of my first overseas trip to Fiji in 2018 for my brothers wedding. I created the background using the sponge brayer and three inks - grapefruit grove, so saffron and petal pink. The palm trees, birds and sentiment are stamped in memento black ink. I love being able to mix and match different stamp sets and I think the birds look great on this card. To see how I've put this all together, view the time lapse video below. All of the measurements and supplies are listed in the video description. New Online Classes I have been asked by several customers if I could create online classes in 2020, so here they are! As a vip email subscriber y

Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Hop Challenge

It is now Spring here in Australia , the last few day we have had glorious weather. It is very welcome after a cold and very windy winter. Today's share is this thank you card that I have entered into Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlight challenge. The theme of the challenge is Encouragement. I have used the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and co-ordinating dies and designer series paper. For the label  I used a die from the Smooth Sailing dies, which co-ordinates with the Sailing Home stamp set. The challenge winners are decided on by voting.  If you love my card please vote by clicking on the banner below. The top 10 winners will then participate in an International blog hop hosted by Kylie Bertucci at the end of the month. There are many talented card makers from all over the world participating.   I was inspired to colour the magnolia flowers yellow after I saw some beautiful cards created by fellow Australian Stampin' Up! Demonstr