Skip to main content

Simple Stamping

Are you new to the world of rubber stamping, or do you get stuck for creative ideas? The great thing about stamping is that it doesn't have to be complicated - you can achieve beautiful cards with simple stamping that requires little supplies. Just some card stock, ink and a stamp set is all you need.










I've used the Incredible Like You stamp set (available in the new Occasions Catalogue), whisper white card stock and calypso coral, pear pizzazz and momento black inks to create this simple card design. This stamp set is a two set stamp set - the flower image has a lighter solid background image plus a darker outline image that are stamped on top of one another to create depth and shading to the image. The avid crafter that I am is thinking to add some bling or die cuts but that would defeat the purpose of simple stamping and I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out.




For this card I continued the simple stamping theme but just added more images to make it seem a bit more elaborate than the first design. I love the new lovely lipstick ink, such a lovely rich colour and it compliments the pear pizzazz and petal pink inks beautifully. 
I am slowly building my Stampin' Up! product inventory and I don't own a lot of embellishments or designer series paper to create cards so I am loving simple stamping. Why don't you give it a go? I would love to see what you come up with. Comment below with a link to or photo of your simple stamping card.

NEW OCCASSIONS CATALOGUE AND SALE A BRATION BROCHURES NOW AVAILABLE!
If you would love a copy of both please send me an email with your postal address and I will send them out to you. (Australian residents only). You can view the pdf version online by clicking the links to the right. 

Have a lovely day! Suzanne xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step up your stamping

Hello and thank you for stopping by. Today I am sharing how I stepped up a simple card design by adding extra elements for a totally different look. You may have heard in the Stampin' Up!/card making world the terms Beginner, Casual and Avid crafter. After a lot of research in to understanding their audience Stampin' Up! came up with these three levels to describe the type of crafters in their worldwide community. I have created three cards using the Lovely Lily Pad stamp set and coordinating dies and designer series paper. All of these items are FREE with purchase from the current Sale a Bration brochure  - when you place an order for $90 or more. This is a great time to build your product stash, the more you purchase the more freebies you can choose! Sale a Bration promotion ends on March 31, 2020. Want to see how I put these all together? Check out my latest Youtube video. I usually make time lapse tutorials as I am so nervous about talking on camera, so in

New online classes launched

With the kids off to school this week I am jumping back into blogging and tutorials. I have added online classes to my schedule this year but before I explain all of that, here is my first  tutorial for 2020. I have used the Timeless Tropical bundle and Sailing Home stamp set to create this silhouette card. This reminds me of my first overseas trip to Fiji in 2018 for my brothers wedding. I created the background using the sponge brayer and three inks - grapefruit grove, so saffron and petal pink. The palm trees, birds and sentiment are stamped in memento black ink. I love being able to mix and match different stamp sets and I think the birds look great on this card. To see how I've put this all together, view the time lapse video below. All of the measurements and supplies are listed in the video description. New Online Classes I have been asked by several customers if I could create online classes in 2020, so here they are! As a vip email subscriber y

Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Hop Challenge

It is now Spring here in Australia , the last few day we have had glorious weather. It is very welcome after a cold and very windy winter. Today's share is this thank you card that I have entered into Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlight challenge. The theme of the challenge is Encouragement. I have used the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and co-ordinating dies and designer series paper. For the label  I used a die from the Smooth Sailing dies, which co-ordinates with the Sailing Home stamp set. The challenge winners are decided on by voting.  If you love my card please vote by clicking on the banner below. The top 10 winners will then participate in an International blog hop hosted by Kylie Bertucci at the end of the month. There are many talented card makers from all over the world participating.   I was inspired to colour the magnolia flowers yellow after I saw some beautiful cards created by fellow Australian Stampin' Up! Demonstr